Seeking a Copywriter to join Being Agency’s Sydney team.
Dynamic, adaptable role in a supportive, creative agency. This is a role for someone passionate about the English language, who is both creative and very particular about getting everything right!
Date publisheddate here
- Copy Editing
- Technical Writing
- Website and SEO Writing
- Tender Writing
- Creative Writing
Start dateJuly 2020
We’re looking for a full-time, in-house Copywriter to join our Sydney office. Working closely with our CEO, Principal, Copy Lead and creative team, you’ll help turn great ideas into powerful, effective content.
At Being Agency, our multidisciplinary team strives to offer customers an all-inclusive, quality service from start to finish. By working with businesses we believe in, we’ve been fortunate to develop not only meaningful projects, but genuine client relationships. With branding, communications, strategy, photography, video and web offered in one agency, the potential for clients to develop their business with us is limitless.
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
Essential (please don’t apply if you don’t meet these criteria).
- An accomplished communicator whose first language is English
- A tertiary degree in writing, language, communications or equivalent
- Minimum three years’ experience working with language as a writer, copywriter or English first language teacher
- Perfect or very near perfect in spelling, grammar and punctuation (especially use of the apostrophe)
- Great writing skills, both in creative and factual contexts
- Able to work full-time from our Hunters Hill offices
- Australian citizenship or residency
The ideal candidate will also have most or all of the following characteristics:
- A high level of expertise in editing for clarity and accuracy (proofing, structural reconfiguration, correcting grammar, spelling and punctuation)
- SEO training and/or experience
- Experience in technical writing
- Experience in tender submission writing
- Experience unpacking briefs and developing copy that aligns with the client’s needs, end-user requirements and agency standards
- Understanding of project budgets and timeframes
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- The ability to work on and switch between multiple projects
- The ability to develop both collaborative and independent solutions
- Willingness to work on assignments ranging from social media content and brand personalities to tender submissions and technical writing
- A strong sense of self-motivation
- An efficient work style, with the ability to be flexible and deliver high-quality work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to write across diverse platforms for varied clients
- An industrious work ethic
More than anything, we need someone who would fit into our culture, which is built on teamwork, creative excellence, quality and exceptional customer service.
Ideally, you would be able to start in July 2020.
After browsing our site and social media, please prepare a few paragraphs outlining why you think you’d be the perfect Senior Copywriter for Being Agency. Please note: applications without this section of the submission will not be considered.
Please send your cover letter, CV, portfolio of work and summary of why you think you’re right for us to: [email protected]
Interviews will take place mid-June. Interview hours are flexible.
This job listing is open to Australian residents only. Strictly no recruitment agencies.