Are you looking to expand your career in web development?
Being Agency is looking for its next full-time, in-house front-end web developer. Working closely with our Head of Web, Design Lead and copywriters, you’ll help turn great ideas into powerful, effective websites.
Date publisheddate here
- Custom front-end development
- Open-sourced CMS experience (Drupal/WordPress)
- WCAG accessibility
Start dateEarly May 2020
At Being Agency, our passionate creatives strive to offer customers an all-inclusive, quality service from start to finish. By working with businesses we believe in, we have been fortunate to develop not only meaningful projects, but genuine client relationships. With web development, design, copywriting, digital marketing, video and photography in one agency, the potential for clients to develop their business with us is limitless.
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and experience.
- Mid-level experience in custom front-end development of open-sourced CMS, such as Drupal and WordPress
- Experience with front-end frameworks, such as Bootstrap
- Command line experience in a Linux and/or Mac OS environment
- Knowledge of W3C standards and WCAG accessibility compliance
- Demonstrated ability to produce clean and responsive builds, with proficient understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility
- High level of understanding of SEO, accessibility, and standards-compliance
- Comfortable with Adobe Suite to translate designs to pixel-perfect responsive builds: Adobe XD, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Ability to build and maintain websites and web applications including initial setup, hosting, emails, domain names and troubleshooting
- Qualifications and relevant industry experience in a digital or design agency
- Experience with the Australian Government Digital Service Standard and Design System (highly desirable)
If these qualities sound like you, you could be the person for the job!
- Committed to understanding new technology and upgrading skills
- Attention to detail, strong, creative problem-solving abilities and development of solutions collaboratively and independently
- Understanding of project budgets and time frames
- Experience in taking a brief, developing concepts that align with client and end-user needs, and confident presentation
- Self-motivated work ethic
- Efficient work style, with the ability to be flexible and deliver high-quality work under pressure
More than anything we need someone who would fit into our culture, which is built on teamwork, creative excellence, quality and exceptional customer service.
Ideally, you would be able to start in early May 2020.
After browsing our site and social media, please prepare a few paragraphs outlining why you think you’d be the perfect fit for Being Agency. Please note: applications without this section of the submission will not be considered.
Please send links to three websites you’ve designed, your cover letter, CV, portfolio of work and summary of why you think you’re right for Being Agency to [email protected].
Interviews will take place in early May. Interview hours are flexible.
This job listing is open to Australian residents only. Strictly no recruitment agencies.